To reach out to the community, state, and the world with the good news of Jesus Christ, to love God through worship, to encourage the family of faith through fellowship, to equip believers through discipleship, and to serve the needs of the world through missions.
Valley View’s method of accomplishing this mission is:
1. Meeting weekly to be renewed in the Word of God and to be encouraged to serve throughout our community, state, and the world.
2. Committing ourselves to faith education of all ages, to fellowship and to prayer.
3. Building up in our community a fellowship that encourages sharing, supporting and personal growth.
4. Developing lifestyles as stewards of God’s gifts and using them in ways to care for our neighbors wherever they might be.
WHAT WE ARE
A congregation of individuals gathered together and united by the Holy Spirit through belief in God through Jesus Christ and saved by His Grace.
COMMITMENT AND VALUES
We, the body of believers of Valley View Baptist Church understand that Jesus Christ and He alone is the head of the church, additionally we believe and affirm the Bible as God’s Word. It will be the aim of this body to bring glory to God in all that we do.
1. We honor God’s call by continuously improving the quality of our ministry and mission service as we grow in Christian discipleship. Phillipians 3: 12-16
2. We give thanks that the personalities, life experiences, and spiritual gifts of our members offer a rich variety within the congregation and find their unity in the Spirit of God. I Corinthians 12: 4-31
3. We affirm the call of all Christians to minister and serve in the name of our Lord. Galatians 3: 27-28
4. We acknowledge our need for the power and guidance from God, which is available to us through prayer. Phillipians 4:6
5. We receive salvation through God’s grace in Jesus Christ and our response to this gift is a faith, which changes the way that we live. James 2: 14-26
6. We move with great hope into God’s future by gratefully remembering the rich blessings of God in the heritage of our church. Hebrews 12: 1-2
7. We seek in word and in deed to share the love of Jesus Chris in our congregation and community. I Corinthians 13
8. We affirm that God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. Matthew 19:5