Senior Pastor - Bro. Mark Powell
Family: God has graciously blessed me with a wonderful and loving family! I am married to Tricia and we have three boys: Ethan, Aaron, and Caleb. Tricia is originally from Brandenburg and I grew up in south Louisville.
How Do I Relax & Have Fun: I love to read...which I know doesn't exactly scream "fun" to most people, but I do enjoy it! I also enjoy listening to music, watching sports, and occasionally going to the movies.
Favorite Music: There is no way I could list all my favorite music here! I grew up in the 80's, so most of the stuff I listen to comes from that era. But, I keep up with modern stuff too, and I love Christian music of all varieties and styles!
Favorite Food: Chocolate chip cookies, apple pie, cheeseburgers, pizza...this list could end up being longer than the one for music!
Ideal Vacation: Any place where my family and I can just relax and enjoy time together.
Biblical Character: Such a hard question! The Scripture is so rich and full of people who trusted Christ. If I had to pick, I'd say Abraham. Or Joseph. But I can't forget David. Then there's Peter, and Elijah, and Paul, and...
What I Like About VVBC: There is a genuine desire to love Jesus and serve Him by serving one another. Valley View is a place where people are cared for, Christ is worshipped, and the Word is proclaimed.
The Usual Stuff:
- I grew up in Louisville and went to Pleasure Ridge Park High School.
- I got my Bachelor's degree from U of L.
- I have a Master's of Divinity from Southern Baptist Theological Seminiary.
- I've been in vocational ministry for more than 20 years, and Valley View is the third church I have served in.
Music Minister - Brian Voelker
Info coming soon!
Youth Minister - Tonya Vowels
Family: I have been married to Eric for 19 years . He is retired from education and is a golf coach for North Hardin High. We have two children, Caroline who is 15 and attends North Hardin High School and Charlie who is 13 and attends JTA Middle School. We also have an 8 year old labradoodle named Jack.
How Do I Relax & Have Fun: I love to shop--especially for SHOES! I like watching television (favorites are Judge Judy, anything with aliens, and fictional crime shows--Columbo and Criminal Minds are two of my favorites). I also enjoy Zumba class with Carrie Martin every (okay, most) Tuesdays and Thursdays in the gym at Valley View.
Favorite Music: I love all types of music. I really enjoy songs that have a good message, good rhythm, and it's even better if they have both.
Favorite Food: Junk. (Zebra cakes, pizza, Lays potato chips, Big Red, cookies, fried chicken, peanut butter fudge... just to name a few of my favorites.)
Ideal Vacation: I love to travel. I enjoy going anywhere with shows or good entertainment of all kinds, museums or exhibits, good shopping, good local food, and a comfortable sleeping environment. The beach is fine, but not a "must" for me. As long as there is no "camping" involved, I pretty much like any type of travel.
Biblical Character: Esther. Her story shows that God sets apart women for his service in very special ways.
What I Like Best About VVBC: The YOUTH! I love everything about them. Traveling with them, hanging out with them, teaching them, singing with them, working alongside them, helping them, attempting to answer their questions, even getting pounded in the face (accidentally) with a dodgeball every once in a while. While you will find young people at any church you attend, you will NEVER find a group of kids like we are blessed with at Valley View. They are some of the most amazing people I know.
The Usual Stuff:
- I have lived and taught high school in Hardin County for 24 years.
- I grew up in Campbellsville and Lebanon Junction and graduated from Bullitt Central High School.
- I am currently a chemistry teacher, science department chair and FCA sponsor at North Hardin High School.
- I have degrees in Mathematics, Chemistry, Education and Counseling from the University of Louisville and Western Kentucky University. (BS, MA, Rank I, and National Board Certification)
- I am also a professor of chemistry for Campbellsville University which allows me the opportunity to teach Dual Credit Chemistry to high school seniors at North Hardin High.
Administrative Assistant - Traci Life
Family: Darin and I have been married 23 years. We have two sons; Terrance is studying at WKU and Brandon attends Central Hardin HS.
How I Relax & Have Fun: I enjoy reading mysteries, walking trails around Freeman Lake, and movie or game nights at home with my family. Occasionally I also tackle scrapbooking, painting projects, puppets & props, and quilting.
Favorite Music: I love Contemporary Christian music. Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, Matthew West, Crowder, Third Day, Newsboys, For King & Country....the list goes on and on. Basically I enjoy music with a great beat and even greater lyrics.
Favorite Food: fresh fruit and chocolate
Ideal Vacation: I love to be with my family. So it does not matter if we are going a million miles a minute or not going anywhere in particular, as long as we are enjoying the adventure together.
Biblical Character: Mary, the mother of Jesus
The Usual Stuff:
- I grew up in Hardin County and graduated from North Hardin.
- I have a Bachelor's Degree from University of the Cumberlands.
- I have my Master's Degree from Eastern Kentucky University.
- I love serving in the Youth and Puppet Ministries at my home church, College Heights United Methodist in Elizabethtown.
Nursery Coordinator - Lisa Tabor
More info coming soon.